Memorial Day Parade will be held on Thursday May 23, 2013. Assembly will begin at 6:45 PM in train station Lot #3 (above I-95) and will start at 7:00 PM sharp. The parade route will be Chatsworth Avenue to Palmer Avenue to Larchmont Avenue concluding at Village Hall. For further details see flyer.
We have been notified by New York State that the Weaver Street Bridge will be closed to all traffic from June 3 to July 24, 2013 (tentative completion date).
Traffic will be re-routed over the Rockland Avenue Bridge and the Chatsworth Avenue Bridge during that period. Pedestrian access will be provided across the Weaver Street Bridge through June 23 so that children can continue to walk to/from school. Please watch our website for additional information and updates as this project progresses.
Due to circumstances beyond the Village’s control, streetscape work on Palmer Avenue has been suspended. Work will not re-start any sooner than May 28, 2013. Until that time, parking conditions along Palmer Avenue will remain normal. We will provide you with details as they become available. Thank you for your patience.
It has come to the Village’s attention that some residents have received offers from a company called HomeServe USA Repair Management Corp. (“HomeServe”) for the repair of exterior water service lines. HomeServe is not affiliated with the Village of Larchmont, and the Village does not endorse its services. The Village does not require residents to retain the services of HomeServe.
The Village is gearing up its recreational activities for the year. Be sure not to miss out! See the Spring Flyer 2013 for details.
- June 14 – 10:00 AM – Marcia the Musical Moose – The music program will take place at the Flint Park Playhouse and is geared towards toddlers and pre-schoolers.
- July 4 – 10:00 AM - Fourth of July races for kids of all ages!
- October 19 – 12:30 PM – And, for Fall, our popular Ragamuffin Parade. Rain date will be Oct. 26. Further details to be announced.
June 14 – 6:00 PM – Sprint To Flint – Larchmont Run 2013. It’s a 5K and One Mile Fun Run – This fun-filled family event – a Larchmont tradition – returns! Event begins and ends in Flint Park, where a post-race party for participants and spectators will take place at the American Legion. Here’s how to sign up for our June 14, 2013 Sprint for Flint!
And don’t forget:
- Flint Park Day Camp Registration Continues. For registration forms and instructions, permission slips, camper’s code of conduct, etc., visit our Recreation page . Please bring completed forms to Village Clerk’s Office. Immunization information is required to be written directly on the form.
- Tennis Permits are now on sale in the Recreation/Village Clerk’s Office. Flint Park Tennis Courts opened on April 1. Use the form Tennis Permit-Guest Pass Application to apply.
As a reminder, the Village of Larchmont’s Leaf Blower Ban goes into effect on June 1 and continues through September 30. So that we may all enjoy a quiet spring/summer season, please cooperate and abide by this ban.
As a reminder, the Village Board has an anti-idling law. When the ambient temperature exceeds 40 degrees Farenheit, motor vehicle engines, other than legally authorized emergency services vehicles, may not idle longer than three minutes while parking. Buses may not idle while parking, standing or stopping. Here are some of the reasons for this law:
- Less air (and ear) pollution. An idling car creates twice the emissions.
- Saves money. Idling 15 minutes per day can cost you up to $100 in wasted gas over the course of a year.
- Saves oil. American drivers use more than 2 billion gallons of fuel each year while idling.
Please refrain from idling your vehicles in the Village. The health of our residents, as well as the health of our environment, will benefit if you do!
Interested in receiving announcements from the Village of Larchmont? Why not sign up for Village News and have it delivered right to your e-mail inbox! See box at left to register. Non-emergency, but important, announcements, notices, and reminders will be sent through this service, so sign up today!
If you’re interested in receiving our “robocalls” from Village officials with emergency and/or other announcements, we now have a sign-up form on our website. Please be sure to register the phone number(s) where you are most likely to receive these calls.