The Larchmont-Mamaroneck Joint Sanitation Commission oversees the recycling and garbage/rubbish collection service for the residents of the Town and the Village of Larchmont.
Provides important information about:
- Garbage and rubbish collection
- Cathode-ray tube appliances (like televisions and computer monitors)
- E-waste (such as consumer components and electronics)
- Bulky metal items and appliances
- Local Annual E-Waste Day (for common consumer electronics)
- Paper and plastic (co-mingled) recycling
- Organic waste (such as trees, leaves, and grass clippings)
Westchester County 2014 Household Recycling Drop-Off Days
Westchester County is no longer running Household Recycling Days. In place of the events, the County has opened a permanent Household Material Recovery Facility (H-MRF) on the Grasslands Campus in Valhalla. The H-MRF will accept household chemicals, electronics, Freon containing appliances, scrap tires, BBQ tanks, and confidential documents for shredding. The H-MRF will be open 3 days a week, including Saturdays, and residents will need to schedule an appointment to deliver waste to the site. To insure you receive an official announcement of the H-MRF opening, days and hours of operation and instructions for scheduling a delivery, residents are encouraged to subscribe to the County’s Environment/Conservation Quick News at www.westchestergov.com. Look for and click on “Subscribe”. You can also call the County’s Recycling HelpLine (which operates 24/7) at 914-813-5425.
Maxwell Avenue Facility
The Maxwell Avenue Facility accepts drop-offs of the following:
- Household garbage
- Organic waste
- Paper and plastic recycling
8:00am – 3:00pm
Please note: the facility is closed on Wednesdays and all holidays
8am – 11:45am
Residents will be asked to verify residency in either the Village of Larchmont or the Town of Mamaroneck.